Softly soothing and gently moisturising, Herb Garden deodorant balm is formulated from organic mango butter, coconut oil, bees wax and organic arrowroot powder, as well as being infused with the essential oils of lavender, thyme and rosemary. These nourishing ingredients and aromatic oils will help to keep you smelling lovely and your skin feeling healthy at the same time.
So What’s In It?
- Certified Organic Mango Butter: This deeply moisturising and very yummy butter is a natural antioxidant, full of vitamins and fatty acids. Mango butter adds a creamy texture to your deodorant, which in turn helps it to glide smoothly and absorb easily into your skin.
- Certified Organic Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is an effective natural deodorant in its own right,having anti bacterial & anti fungal properties. coconut oil actively combats microbes, yeast and fungus growth which are ususally the prime cause of bodily odour. If that wasn’t awesome enough, coconut oil also has anti-inflammatory properties to help soothe the skin, so there’s no post-shave irritation to contend with.
- Certified Organic Arrowroot Powder: Arrowroot powder is made by extracting starches from the tubers of the arrowroot plant, Maranata arundinacea. Arrowrooot is highly effective at absorbing excess moisture and also in preventing oils from the deodorant from feeling too greasy. A major advantage of arrowroot powder over aluminium (used as an antiperspirant in most commercial deodorants) is that arrowroot will continue to let skin breath naturally and will not block your sweat ducts to do so. We also prefer to use arrowroot over other natural antiperspirtants such as baking soda, as baking soda (bicarbonate of soda )can irritate sensitive skin and cause a rash.
- Locally Sourced Pure Sussex Beeswax: Used since antiquity and renowned for its restorative properties, beeswax forms a protective-‘breathable’ barrier for the skin. This barrier helps to moisturise the skin and also provides an effective defence against incoming environmental nasties. Naturally anti-bacterial, beeswax also helps to reduce redness and irritation caused as a result of shaving. Our beeswax is sourced locally from within the Sussex South Downs National Park with abundant access to native wild flowers.
- Lavender Oil:A rich floral, fragrance known for its calm inducing qualities and for aiding relaxation. Lavender has a softening and conditioning effect on the skin and is anti septic, with anti bacterial and anti fungal properties to help fight the causes of odour
- Thyme Oil: Thyme is a member of the mint family, its stimulating aroma helps to enhance feelings of wellbeing. Thyme oil is also known for its anti fungal and antiseptic properties further helping promote healthy odour free skin.
- Rosemary Oil: Toning and cleansing for mind and body. This refreshing oil contains potent antibacterial and anti fungal compounds.
- Rosemary Extract: Naturally extracted from rosemary, this is added to our deodorant recipe in tiny quantities for its excellent antioxidant properties.
- Compostable This deodorant balm comes in a plastic free, entirely compostable cardboard tube, a more environmentally friendly alternative to all those discarded plastic deodorant containers which end up in our rivers and oceans or being dumped in landfill.
How To Use:
To use, simply push up the cardboard disk at the base of the tube to reveal a small amount of deodorant balm. Then apply to your underarms, with a few quick up and down swishy- swashys and that should keep you smelling pretty for the rest of the day. ( assuming you are not going desert trekking in a nylon track suit).
- This product does contain essential oils, so please conduct a patch test on a small area of skin before use and stop using if any irritation occurs. Do not use on damaged or broken skin. Do smile and be happy.
Mango Butter(Mangifera Indica Seed Butter), Coconut oil(Cocos nucifera), Beeswax (Cera alba), Arrowroot powder (Maranata arundinacea), Rosemary Extract (Helianthus annuus Seed Oil, Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil,Thymus vulgaris (Thyme) Oil.
Net Weight is 60g e